Resume Tips or Strategies:
- Put links of your blog, twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Keep it to no more than 2 pages and only put on relevant experience for the position you are applying.
- Include link to personal website
- Include any grants/awards
- Include an exhibition record (solo and group exhibitions should also be included)
- Include collaborative projects.
- Include any commissions.
- Include any collections
- Document any interviews or features as well as any articles.
- State in gallery affiliations
Career Resources for Art Majors:
Art Graduate Degree Types:
Arts Management MA
Art Administration MA
Art Business MA
Visual Arts Administration MA
Studio and Digital Arts MS
Art History PhD
Art Education MA
Art Conservation MS
Art Therapy MA
- Master’s Degree:
- Art Historian
- Art Inspector
- Art Teacher
- Arts Administrator
- Cultural Arts Coordinator
- Museum Manager/Director
- Art Gallery Manager/Director
- Art Therapist
- Art Researcher/Historian
Salary and job outlook information
|Job Title||Median Salary||Outlook|
|Archivists, Curators, and Museum Workers||$46,300||+7% (average)|
|Art Directors||$85,610||+2% (slower than average)|
|Craft and Fine Artists||$44,400||+2% (slower than average)|
|Multimedia Artists and Animators||$63,630||+6% (average)|
- Many professors recommend that artists not go directly from undergraduate to graduate programs, but to first establish themselves as working artists.
- An M.F.A. degree is a requirement for college faculty, so earning the degree can increase your chances of getting a job.